NC Complete Count Commission
Members of the NC Complete Count Commission sworn in by NC Supreme Court Judge, Justice Micheal R. Morgan. Included in the photo are Secretary Machelle Sanders (Commission Chair), Farad Ali, Al Austin, Wayne Bostick, James Cofield, Dr. Harry Ghee, Kim Mitchell, Rep. Amos Quick, Dr. Denauvo Robinson, Maytee Sanz, Carolyn Smith, Sai Sudhini and Whitney Tucker.
[Members not featured: Honorable Deanna Ballard, Rabbi Lucy Dinner, Brika Eklund, Glenn Hargett, Honorable Pam Hemminger, Jose Hernandez-Paris, Sharon Hunt, Lori Johnston, Cathy Kimball, Kevin McLaughlin, Annie Mobley, Kristy Moore, Aidil Ortiz, Greg Richardson, Allison Riggs, Juvencio Rocha-Peralta, Honorable Erica Smith, Heather Strickland, Keith Thomson, Dr. Donna A. Tipton-Rogers, Honorable Brian Turner, Shannan Vickery, John Wei, and ShanShan Xie]
To increase awareness and understanding of the 2020 Census and encourage the participation of North Carolinians through education and outreach.
To ensure accurate data is collected for the 2020 Census, particularly hard-to-reach populations and areas, through planning, outreach, local government involvement and community education.
- Advise the Governor and the North Carolina General Assembly on census activities in the state.
- Identify barriers that might impede the progress of the 2020 Census in North Carolina.
- Promote and advertise the 2020 Census.
- Respond to residents' questions and concerns about the census.
- Develop partnerships with regional and local Complete Count Committees to increase participation.
- Distribute and share census information with traditionally hard-to-count areas and populations.
- Seek to ensure the highest census participation rate possible.
Executive Order 79
Establishing the North Carolina Complete Count Commission for the 2020 Census. View or download Executive Order 79 press release.