Jan. 9 — Applications Open
Feb. 24 — Applications Close
March 15-31 — Phone Interviews
Mid-April — Mentees Notified of Placements
July 10 - Aug. 4 — Mentorship Program
To learn more about this opportunity, including criteria to participate as a mentee, contact Program Coordinator Candace Dudley Settle.
About the Lady Cardinal Mentorship Program
The Lady Cardinal Mentorship is a 4-week summer enrichment opportunity for North Carolina high school girls, grades 9-12, interested in exploring careers in science, technology, engineering and/or mathematics within state government. Started in 2019 based on recommendations from the 2018 Status of Women in NC Report, the mentorship program is part of the state’s initiative to reduce the growing disparity in employment and earnings among women and men in North Carolina, particularly in STEM-based careers.
What you can expect:
- 40 hour work week (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- 24 hours in placement site working side by side with women leaders
- 16 hours working on a group project
- $1,700 stipend at end of mentorship
- Lunch & Learns each week with women leaders across state agencies
- Opportunities to visit various state government agencies through "Field Trips"