Quality Acceptance Inspections
All goods deliveries must be inspected. Generally, it is the responsibility of the receiving agency to inspect all materials, supplies, and equipment upon delivery to ensure compliance with the contract requirements and specifications, as provided in the North Carolina Administrative Code, 01 NCAC 05B .0901. For certain items, however, the contract must require an inspection by the Division of Purchase and Contract, and a representative from the Division must provide that inspection, 01 NCAC 05B .0901. This representative is one of P&C Quality Acceptance Inspectors.
QA Inspectors and contact information:
|Bill Powell (eastern half of State)||email@example.com|
Also, the Inspectors may be contacted, and inspections request e-mailed, to firstname.lastname@example.org
When P&C will conduct the inspection, notice of the mandatory inspection, as well as contact information for the QA inspectors, must be included in the bid. Template language suitable to do this is included on the P&C web site under this "QA Inspections" menu.
Resource materials available here provide guidance and instructions about integrating the inspections process in various phases of the solicitation, as needed. These materials include:
- QA Inspection Basics - A general description of the QA Inspections process and its relationship within the procurement process, called QA Inspection Basics, including reference materials for safety labels for products that operate under pressure or by connection to an electric source or that involve a connection to a manufactured, natural, or LP gas source. Click here.
- QA Product Inspection List - A list of products (and minimum purchase values) for which P&C QA inspection must be performed. Click here.
- Safety Labels Chart - A chart of acceptableâand non-acceptableâsafety labels for products that operate under pressure or by connection to an electric source or that involve a connection to a manufactured, natural, or LP gas source. Click here.
- Third Party Labs List - A list of acceptable third-party testing laboratories approved by the North Carolina Department of Insurance to conduct field evaluations for safety labeling and equipment categories in which each is approved. Click here.
- Safety Label Language - Template language that must be placed in all solicitations for commodities being purchased that operate using Electricity, Propane or Natural gas. Click here.
- QA Inspection Language - Template language that must be included in the solicitation document, if an inspection is to be handled by a P&C Inspector. Click here.
- Vendor Letter on QA Failure Template - If a piece of equipment fails the QA inspection, template language that may be used by an agency to inform the Vendor and request the Vendor's response. Click here.