NC State Youth Advisory Council
NC Youth Advisory Council
History of the Council
The State Youth Advisory Council was established to provide support and guidance to the Secretary of the Department of Administration to further state and local youth councils in North Carolina.
State youth councils help youth organize and supervise programs for the benefit of area youth and the community, serve as an advisory committee on youth affairs to local government & provide an opportunity for youth to share in local government matters and to learn to become responsible citizens.
About the Council
The Youth Advisory Council consist of 20 members (10 adult and 10 youth members). The Council has the following functions and duties:
- Advises the youth councils of North Carolina;
- Encourage state and local councils to take an active part in governmental and civic affairs, promote and participate in leadership and citizenship programs, and cooperate with other youth-oriented groups;
- To receive on behalf of the Department of Administration and to recommend expenditure of gifts and grants from public and private donors;
- To establish procedures for the election of is youth representatives by the State Youth Council; and
- To advise the Secretary of Administration upon any matter the Secretary may refer to it.
2023-24 Meeting Information
|2023-24 Meeting Dates|
|Aug. 17, 2023 - 1 p.m.|
|Jan. 24, 2024 - 1 p.m.|
|March 28, 2024 - 1 p.m.|
Want to Serve? Find Your Fit!
Members of the public interested in joining one of the over 300 North Carolina boards and commissions can apply for Governor appointment online. If interested in joining a DOA board or commission, you can also reach out to email@example.com for more information and to be considered when there are open positions.
|Jan. 26, 2023||YAC Meeting Minutes Approved|
|Aug. 18, 2022||YAC Meeting Minutes Approved|
|Jan. 27, 2022||YAC Meeting Minutes Approved|
|July 15, 2021||YAC Meeting Minutes Approved|
|Jan. 26, 2021||YAC Meeting Minutes Approved|
|Jan. 14, 2020||YAC Meeting Minutes Approved|
2023 Council Members
|Tara Sanchez (Chair)|
|Hon. Frederick Davis|